Friday, November 23, 2007

Instant messaging,MP3’s, RSS, P2P, VOIP

Todays lecture was very interesting and we discussed instant messaging, in the early days of IRC and ICQ I did dabble a bit but because I didn’t have any friends who were online it was mainly talking to strangers. MSN was the same until my children got older and travelled, and my friends got better educated about communication software etc.

I have a mp3 player and refuse to buy IPOD only because they lock you into their software, they hold the monopoly and we wanted to be a little different. But most importantly when I purchased our MP3 players we wanted to be able to watch video files as well. Rss feeds are a boon to radio listeners especially ABC Radio National – now I don’t miss any of my favourite programs.

P2P well better not say much about this only that I love it and use it….my husband who is Japanese is able to enjoy Japanese television programs because of P2P. Then there is VOIP we use skype and windows live messenger – with microphone and webcam can communicate with my family anywhere in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was intresting sue, I like you web log structure, good luck.