Monday, November 19, 2007

My first blog

How do you do - My name is Sue. I actually don't have much time on my hands. Time is something I will have when I am much much older and my children have left home! So I am busy enjoying the lack of time on my hands.


I am currently doing Psychology and have enrolled into 1501ART as a free elective. I am very interested in the internet, blogging (even though I have never made one before) I have always wanted to post on the net. Now I have an excuse!!!!


My interests lie in art, music, science fiction I will elaborate further about my interests as the days go on. Today I will let you in on a little secret of mine -

I am a Star Trek fan and have watched every episode of every series - it took me 2.5 years of regular viewing. I was totally lost when I finished watching Star Trek because that is all I watched. My children and their friends also become Star Trek fans (Note: I am not a fanatic). Any spare time I would sit down and watch an episode of Star Trek. Let me elaborate the Star
Trek Family consists of 5 Series and 10 Movies and 1 movie to come -

Star Trek - The Original Series, 79 episodes @ approx 55mins = 72.5Hrs

Star Trek - The Next Generation, 178 episodes @ approx 45mins = 133.5Hrs

Star Trek – Voyager, 172 episodes @ approx 45mins = 129Hrs

Star Trek - Deep Space 9, 176 episodes @ approx 45 mins = 132Hrs

Star Trek – Enterprise, 98 episodes @ approx 45 mins = 73.5Hrs

Totals: 540.5Hours = 22.5 Days

I love the art of Hieronymus Borsch and will discuss this further as the days go on.
Queen is my favourite group, Bach is my favourite composer. I enjoy many different genres of music.

2 comments:

BoB said...

Hi sue i feel ashamed to say it but i never got into star trek but i really do appreciate how influential and groundbreaking the series was in all its forms from the originals right up to the new ones and if its any concellation im a huge fan of Shatner.

Time on My Hands said...

Hi Bob, Thanks for your comments. I am glad that something of Star Trek has insinuated itself into your life. Do You/have you seen futurama? They use a lot of references to Star Trek which are quite funny.